Way Huge Overrated Special Overdrive
Joe Bonamassa likes his overdriven sound bold and punchy, and the Way Huge Overrated Special™ Overdrive is designed to give the impeccable blues man just that. Jeorge Tripps took an old school Green Rhino OD, hot-rodded it for a more pronounced midrange, and added a 500Hz control so that Joe can punch up the low mids for his tasty, groovy licks. Volume, Tone, and Drive controls round out a straightforward user interface so you can plug in and get right to it. Run the Overrated Special OD in front of a clean amp for a gritty boost, or slam an already distorted channel for an electrifying surge of gain and sustain worthy of Joe Bonamassa’s searing leads.
- Item #: WHE208 Way Huge Overrated Special Overdrive
- 500Hz control for cutting or boosting low end
- Bold, punchy overdrive with pronounced midrange
- Volume, Tone, and Drive controls round out a straightforward user interface so you can plug in and get right to it
- Designed by Jeorge Tripps
- Input Impedance: 500 kΩ
- Output Impedance: <5 kΩ
- Noise Floor: -87 dBV
- Bypass: true hardwire relay
- Dimensions: 4-25/32" (L) X 3-3/4" (W) X 1-3/4" (H) inches
- Weight: 14 ounces
- Current Draw: 15 mA
- Power Supply: 9 volts DC
The Overrated Special™ Overdrive is powered by a single 9-volt battery, a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003/ECB003EU, or the DC Brick™ and Iso-Brick™ power supplies. The power input is a 5.5mm x 2.1mm jack witht he positive voltage on the outer sleeve. Using an external power supply will disconnect the battery. Disconnect the input jack to preserve battery life when not is use. The pedal will lock into bypass mode when it is time to change the battery. It also includes power protection circuitry to prevent damage from AC power supplies.